The Department of Neurosurgery City Medical Complex Diseases and disorders of the brain, spine and nervous system often involve serious symptoms and call for complex surgical treatments. Here at the CMC Department of Neurosurgery, our neurosurgical specialists provide advanced clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
If your patient has been diagnosed with a condition requiring neurosurgery, our team of experienced and caring doctors, nurses and staff is ready to help. City Medical Complex is the leading hospitals in the Afghanistan to focus on pediatric and adult neurosurgery as an individual specialty. Our neurosurgery team includes surgeons, physicians, nurses, anesthesiologists, imaging professionals, psychologists and social workers who work together to deliver integrated, and personalized care for every child.
- Our Highly Specialized Neurosurgeons are devoted to providing the highest standard of patients care for all neurosurgical conditions of the central (i.e Brain, Spinal Cord) and peripheral nervous systems as well as the blood vessels supplying them.
- Our doctors are involved in scientific research that offers new hope for patients with brain, spine and nervous system disorders.
- CMC has developed and refined some of the most influential advances in pediatric neurosurgery, including: a. Pial synangiosis, a surgical procedure that relocates healthy blood vessels in the brain to combatMoyamoya disease. b. Endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV), an alternative to traditional shunt placement for some children withhydrocephalus and Spina Bifida (Myelodysplasia). c. Linear accelerator radiosurgery, a highly efficient form of radiotherapythat targets tumors in the brain while minimizing damage to surrounding, healthy tissue
- The introduction of a non-invasive device that measures subtle changes in children’s head size, enabling earlier diagnosis of craniosynostosis andplagiocephaly.
- We offer the latest in cutting edge treatment in a state-of-the- art environment that is simply unsurpassed in terms of quality, infrastructure and level of compassionate, patient- focused care.
1. Dr. Mohammad Qais